Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Days 5, 6, & 7: June 14-16th.


Day 5, June 14:

Today kinda sucked, again.  I had to stay in the hotel because of my ankle.  It wasn’t so terrible, because I got to hang out at the pool but that is NOT why I came here and I can chill at the pool at home.  I got some reading done… but wanted to read up a bit more about the history here at Ashkelon but had no internet access so read some of the 4th Game of Thrones book. 

However, this afternoon I went to pottery washing.  It’s pretty simple but at least I get to see all of the neat stuff and help clean it, even though I didn’t get to help dig it out. 
I am so bummed about my ankle.  I can’t do anything I came here to do.  Not just that, but I am missing the group bonding time which is really unfortunate. 
  
Day 6 & 7, June 15 & 16th:

We went to Jerusalem on Friday.  The Israel museum was the first stop and I got a wheelchair to help me get around.  I love the Israel museum and was sad that we only had a couple of hours there and I was really slow moving around.  I did find several things that were found in Ashkelon, which was really cool.  I found the calf that was dug up here and the Cleopatra coin, which was also found by the Leon-Levy expedition. 



After the Israel museum the rest of the group went on a tour of the ramparts of the old city, but I wasn’t able to join because of my foot.  Instead, I went and met up with Tom and Tracy and some of Tom’s friends and had a great time.  We had a nice night hanging out in Jerusalem, and then Saturday we spent the day at Tom’s hanging out and watching movies. And of course, I lost one an earring and left things in Jerusalem accidentally.  It wouldn't be a trip to Israel without losing at least 3 things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment