Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 8, June 17th


Day 8, June 17:

Today I tried to go back to the dig site rather unsuccessfully.  I spent the morning cleaning up some areas of the dig site, but getting around within the site was really difficult.  After breakfast, I went and worked at the pottery compound. There are lots of pieces of metal that are unidentifiable or not worth keeping so I spent the morning measuring them and writing descriptions on the tags.  I found out that you can tell the difference between nails and pins.  Nails used to be square, so if you break a metal shaft and its square inside, it is likely to be a nail.  Pins have circular cores.  I measured them and wrote it all down, and then discarded the metal. 

After I left the dig site, my ankle looked more swollen… so I finally agreed to go to the hospital.  Oh, Barzalai.  Turns out it is thankfully not broken, but it is sprained really badly.  They told me that I can’t walk on it for three days and have to keep it elevated and keep it iced.  Not easy to do outdoors in Israel.  Cest la vie.  I just hope it gets better so that I can get back to digging.  It’s all I want to do!  3 days… 

No comments:

Post a Comment