Thursday, January 19, 2012

Final Tiyul

I wrote this on July 1st but never finished because my next adventure started up... so I am going to post it as is.  I'll finish the end of the story in my next post but am in a different place now than I was 6 months ago and I don't want to try and change what I wrote 6 months ago or modify the way I want to write it now. 


So I don't have much to say about the end.  It ended, it was hard, I am sad.  I would rather show through pictures the people that I love and the places that we went together.  The people who have become my best friends, the people who have been through everything with me and the people that I know will be a part of my life forever.  For better or for worse, this year was what it was because of the people that I spent it with.  My year in Israel would not have been the same without them and I can truly say that I love them.

So we started our final tiyul after a sad couple of days packing and getting ready to leave Jerusalem.  We really did have the best room ever in Jerusalem and I miss my girls terribly.  I have already written all about them so I won't write any more, even though words can't describe how much I love them.  So we headed to Sachne, a beautiful series of natural springs near Beit Shean.  No words can describe the beauty of this place, so pictures it is!


Richard

Sarah, Lauren and Ariel

Ellen, Whitney, Laura and Madeleine

Madeleine and Vanessa - sunbathing?  

Sarah and Jeremy and a crab.  

Whitney making kissy faces at the crab

Max with the crab on his head... why?  not sure... 


One section of the Sachne pools... pictures do not do it justice!


Kingfisher (why not?)

Lauren H



After Sachne, we headed to our hostel near Tiberias.  It was an absolutely beautiful place right on the water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment